Preparing for an Overland Expedition
We are currently working on putting together a comprehensive resource section that addresses all aspects of pre-expedition planning and things you may encounter on the road. Below is the list of upcoming articles that will be made public in March.
If you have any other suggestions for what you’d like to see, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Selecting The Right Vehicle for Overland Travel
- Vehicle Budget – How Much It Will Really Cost You
- Converting a “Vanilla” Vehicle into an Overland Machine
- Mechanical Skills You HAVE to Know Before Embarking On Your Trip
- What Happens When a Vehicle Breaks Down on the Way?
- What Equipment Do I Need?
- Rooftop Tents – How To Select the Right One
- What Satellite Phone to Get
- Where to Buy Second Hand Equipment
Documents & Paperwork:
- Carnet de Passage – Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About it But Were Too Afraid to Ask
- Insurance – Yellow Card, Green Card and Others
- How Can I Sell the Vehicle After an Overland Expedition?
- Selling the Vehicle in UK or Europe
- Buying or Selling the Vehicle in South Africa
- Getting a Vehicle from Europe to Africa – All Of Your Options
- From Kenya to Ethiopia – Without Getting Shot
- How Can I Get Sponsors to Pay For My Trip?